PiKVM USB connection | Geekworm

PiKVM USB connection

• Hello everyone!

Can I use PiKVM, if my target computer blocks all types of devices but a mouse and keyboard (they allow to use USB mouse and keyboard)?

OS: Linux. My employer blocks all types of connection and I can use my USB a mouse and keyboard only!

• Hi, 

You can use pikvm, but you cannot control the power on and off, the power on and off is determined by ATX control.

Refer to wiki: PiKVM-A3 - Geekworm Wiki

• @Harry Huang 

1) You want to say that KVM gives the signal like it is just a mouse and keyboard? Can this device disguise itself as a keyboard and mouse?

2) But why I can't control the power supply? I know that I can't use power control by USB or ethernet in my case, but I can connect ATX contactors to the motherboard. And if my computer will switch on by smart socket, I will switch on my target PC by the appearance of power in the socket (it is possible to set it in bios).
    As for turning my PC, I can connect those KVM ATX contactors to my motherboard (as I explained below).

3) If my target PC will be sleeping (due to certain settings by our employee), can I wake the target PC somehow? (I can't switch off this setting "to sleep" and I can't use USB or ethernet for it)
    ________
    P.S.: Thanks a lot, guys, that you are keeping the answer. Its very important for me now!

• I made the mistake:
    As for turning OFF my PC, I can connect those KVM ATX contactors ....