Skip to content
x725 CHG LED Status | Geekworm

x725 CHG LED Status

• I am seeing the CHG LED blink for a period of time, then it will stay constant for a few minutes and then start blinking again. This blinking feature does not appear to be documented anywhere and I was wondering why this may be happening? 

I also have a x725 board connected to a RPi4 and I have noticed that even when it is plugged into the 5V 3A input, the batteries will still deplete to < 3V. Is this expected? 

Thanks.

• @li xia 

That is what I expected the Blink Status to mean, However I wanted to verify. Thank you.

As for the issue that I am seeing, I ran a few tests and have a bit of further information on the issue. My power supply is rated for being able to provide well over 3A, but the x725 doesn't ever try to pull any more than around 1.5A so this does not appear to be the issue.

I have purchased another x725 and this board does not appear to have the same issue that I have recorded. The issue we are seeing is that the board successfully charges the batteries, but at a certain point after it has been fully charged it will stop charging and as the battery dies, the board never tries to recharge the batteries. Then the batteries get to 3.05V and perform the safe shutdown operation as expected. I will then need to unplug and re plug the power to the x725 board for it to resume recharging.

This seems to only be an issue with the first board, so would it be possible that the individual board is at fault? If so, has this issue been seen before and is it something that can be prevented? 

Thanks,

Dylan Gauch

• Hi,

Unless there is something else going on that I misunderstand, this is not my issue. I am having an issue with the batteries not staying charged even when plugged in with a more than capable power supply. I understand what the auto SD feature is doing.

On another board I am seeing the following happen when charging a battery:

- It charges the battery to full charge.

- It hits the Terminal battery voltage of 4.2V

- It stops charging until it reaches the recharge threshold of 4.1V

- It starts recharging

This cycle has been working as expected for 4 days of testing. I have been logging the results to a file for analysis to verify.

The board that I suspect is bad has the exact same setup, however the results are as follows:

- It charges the battery to full charge.

- It hits the Terminal battery voltage of 4.2V

-It stays at full charge for a period of time (>8 hours)

- It stops charging

- Battery Hits 4.1V, nothng happens. battery continues to discharge.

- The battery hits 3V and the auto SD feature kicks in and performs a safe shutdown.

- The batteries remain uncharged until I unplug the power supply and plug it back into the board.

ISSUE: When it reaches the recharge threshold of 4.1V, the board does not start recharging the batteries.

The more and more that I test, the more I am convinced that the issue is just a singular board failure and not an issue with the board design itself.

Thanks,

Dylan Gauch