x735 Power | Geekworm

x735 Power

• The x735 can be powered from USB-C, USB-micro and a 5.5x 2.5mm plug.  USB-C and USB-Micro are 5vdc. What voltage is the 5.5 x 2.5 mm plug that is listed as supporting 4amps. The DC 5.5 x 2.5 mm product you list puts out 12vdc. I don't see on the x735 v2.1 spec sheet listing that 12vdc is supported.  So the 5.5 x 2.5mm plug on the x735 only supports 5vdc? 

Joe 

• @Joseph Brockert Hello sir, The X735 only support 5V input via USB-C, USB-micro and a 5.5x 2.5mm plug. Here is the DC 5V 4A PSU can be used for X735: https://geekworm.com/products/dc-5v-4a-power-adapter-with-eu-us-plug-for-x820-x800-x4000-x6000-expansion-board

Best regards,

Cindy/Geekworm

• @Joseph Brockert 

YES, 

you are right.

all are 5V

• @Joseph Brockert 

ok, just a few more thing to understand about the x735. The instructions sheet 4 items..... 

1-Full power off via software is not supported when using an external latching switch. (So when using the external latching switch the software printf "%s\\n" "alias x730off='sudo x730shutdown.sh'" >> ~/.bashrc does not work ? ), Correct?

2-Remove "L-SW" jumper when using on board switch / monentary switch: (So when using ONLY the monentary switch remove  this jumper? ) 

3- Remove "auto on" jumper when using external switch ( external switch could be the latching switch or the momentary switch as both switches are external, so if you are using either switch (monentary or switched) remove this jumper?)

4 - Remove both "L-SW & Auto On" jumper when using momentary switch: (I'm using the latching switch so are they both on?) 

Bottom line: I want a switch that uses the software shutdown.....

so I use the monentary switch with no jumpers correct ? 

• @Joseph Brockert

1-Full power off via software is not supported when using an external latching switch. (So when using the external latching switch the software printf "%s\\n" "alias x730off='sudo x730shutdown.sh'" >> ~/.bashrc does not work ? ), Correct?

== The latching switch doesn't support safe shut down via software.

2-Remove "L-SW" jumper when using on board switch / monentary switch: (So when using ONLY the monentary switch remove  this jumper? ) 

== Yes, t on-board swithc is equal to momentary switch.

== ??

3- Remove "auto on" jumper when using external switch ( external switch could be the latching switch or the momentary switch as both switches are external, so if you are using either switch (monentary or switched) remove this jumper?)

4 - Remove both "L-SW & Auto On" jumper when using momentary switch: (I'm using the latching switch so are they both on?) 

== Remain 'L-SW' if you are using the latching switch.

• the switch is useless whey AUTO ON is enabled.