Skip to content
X885 won't see any HDD/SSD 4TB and above (lsusb) | Geekworm

X885 won't see any HDD/SSD 4TB and above (lsusb)

• Hi all,

I just purchased an NASPi Gemini 3.5 Dual 3.5' Kit with the X885 board, as well as the recomended Geekworm DC 5521 60W psu. I also have a Raspberry Pi 4 B+ 4gb. I've followed the setup instructions to physically connect the RP4 to the X885 properly.

• I've installed raspberry pi os Lite (32 & 64 bit both tested) onto a 32gb sd card and run sudo updates multiple times for testing.
    • I have a few HDD's/SSD's I'm testing, the end goal being to have two 12TB WD DC HC520 HDD's installed as Raid 1 (which will be shared with OpenMediaVault).
      • The other two drives I've tested with are a 4TB Samsung SATA ‎MZ-77E4T0B/AM, and an older 500GB WD5000LPLX.
      • I initially set Raid 1 as the setting, but changed to no jumper (PM) for all of my testing.
    • With the older 500gb WD drive, I'm able to see the device when I do 'lsusb' and can even setup partitions on the web GUI for OpenMediaVault. It seems to work fine in both slot 0 and 1.
    • When I connect any of the other drives to the X588, they are not seen at all. I've properly formated all these drives the same, ending up with a Quick Formated, NTFS (GPT) Drive.
      • I've tested by rebooting multiple times, swapping HDD's/SSD's, re-doing the OS on the sd card, as well as testing a different sd card.
      • All the HDD/SSD's have been formatted the same two ways for testing (in windows through disk management, and manually with CMD Diskpart).

I'm stuck, the whole reason I purchased this is to get a simple diy NAS setup that's not breaking the bank with all these extra options that Synology or the other options have.

I'm going to email Geekworm support right after this with the same issues. Thanks all for your time/suggestions.

Thoughts?