All orders placed will be shipped out as usual, but delivery times are expected to be affected due to COVID-19. Thanks for your continued support with Geekworm. Read More
T208: will I be able to power the Jetson Nano using a 3-pin cable? | Geekworm

T208: will I be able to power the Jetson Nano using a 3-pin cable?

• Hi,

The T208  UPS (https://geekworm.com/collections/nvidia/products/t208-18650-ups-max-5-1v-8a-output-power-management-expansion-board-for-nvidia-jetson-nano) looks awesome and I'm very much interested in buying one.

However, I wanted to make sure: the default setup is that the power is supplied via a GPIO connector that requires for the T208 to work like a shield. In my robot, I don't have enough space to stack them, so the only option is to provide power to the Jeton Nano via a 3-pin cable.

Is this supported / possible?

Well, I guess it has to be possible, so the question is more: are there any reasons why I shouldn't use the T208 in that way?

Thanks for your time!

Maciej 

• Hi  dear,Glad to receive your message,but sorry to tell it is not available to power via a 3-pin cable.

As the there are ten PINs in T208. Except NC pin is not required, all others must be used. Please refer to the PIN schematic picture below.

T208-PIN schematic picture

• @li xia Huh, OK, thanks for the reply.

So a followup question would be: is there a dedicated case that might fit both the Jetson Nano and the T208?

• Also, and sorry for being so chaotic: what if I use a 10-pin cable to connect them?

• @Maciej Dziubinski Hi  dear ,There is no matching shell at present, we will feedback your valuable suggestions to the engineer,And if use a 10-pin cable ,May cause insufficient power supply.

Sincerely 

Ada/Geekworm

• Thanks for your time!