Skip to content
Just got my x750, shutdown issue | Geekworm

Just got my x750, shutdown issue

• I've added the jumper for the auto power on function and my pi 4 now reboots just fine. I'm having an issue with starting the pi after a full shutdown. The pi does not want to start after being shut down with the x750 hooked up, reboot works fine though. I either have to hold down the power button for like 10s and then turn it on, which doesn't always work.

I have to unplug the x750's power supply(the x750's power supply is the only power I'm currently using, no batteries, though I have them ready), then plug the x750's power supply back in, then it'll power on if I do that.

Otherwise the pi doesn't even try to power on, not even a flicker from the leds on the pi. I'm not sure if this this issue is because of the script, or an OS issue, or something else. When I run the script there is no output in the terminal when I follow the instructions in the wiki

uname -a outputs

"Linux raspberrypi4 4.19.97-v8+ #1294 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 30 13:27:08 GMT 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux"

• @Joseph Bodhorn with batteries in and the jumper set to auto on my pi 4 won't boot after a full shutdown, reboots still work fine. No matter how long I hold the power button down the led's on the x750 wouldn't shut off with batteries in and the  pi 4 wouldn't boot till I pulled the power supply and batteries from the x750, the x750/batteries were the only power to the pi. Gonna remain battery free till this is figured out, at least I can get a clean reboot without the batteries

• @Joseph Bodhorn realized after I added a second comment to my own post that probably burned the wrong backup to the disk I was using, uname - a is now

"Linux retropie4 4.19.97-v7l+ #1294 SMP Thu Jan 30 13:21:14 GMT 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux"

I had totally forgot the 1st os I tried using on my rpi4 was the 64bit ubuntu arm aarch 64. I got a fresh image of retropie for pi 4 which is what I plan on running on this pi. The x750 install script is still not working and I'm thinking maybe this version of raspbian is too new for the script as this version of retropie, which is supposed to be buster

I think I read the script for the x750 is for raspbian stretc. I'm gonna see about getting a raspbian stretch version of retropie. If that solves the install issue it leaves me way further from making the install script work with the current retropie for rpi 4