X857 V2.0 Does Not Work with Raspberry Pi 4B | Geekworm

X857 V2.0 Does Not Work with Raspberry Pi 4B

• I purchased the X857 V2.0 from Amazon. I connected a new mSATA (also purchased from Amazon, and yes the mSATA drive works!). I attached the board to the Raspberry Pi 4 with the included standoffs. I booted the Pi from the microSD card. Once it was running I plugged in the USB 3 adapter that came with the X857 kit. The Raspberry Pi never saw and never recognized the mSATA SSD. I ran:

lsblk
    NAME        MAJ:MIN RM    SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    mmcblk0     179:0    0   29.1G  0 disk 
    \u251c\u2500mmcblk0p1 179:1    0    256M  0 part /boot
    \u2514\u2500mmcblk0p2 179:2    0   28.9G  0 part /

The SSD never shows up. On the X857 board the red 3.3V LED lights, then the blue SSD LED lights for a few seconds, then flashes a few times, then turns off. The 3.3V LED is still lit. I followed what little instructions provided by the YouTube video. Your board does not work. Either you have not done enough testing, or I got a defective unit. If you cannot help me resolve this I will be rating you very poor on Amazon and wil explain that ALL OF YOUR PRODUCTS DO NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED AND NOBODY SHOULD BY THEM! I will also do the same on eBay, Facebook, and Twitter - you will have problems selling your bad products in America.

This is either a bad design, poor testing on your part, bad quality control or all of the above. Help me fix this, or replace the defective board, or I will give you bad reviews all over social media. I have already posted a bad review on Amazon, if you want me to change it then figure out the issue and fix it or give me a replacement. I am planning on returning the X857 through Amazon

• Hello,Tony

Sorry for the inconvenience, What brand of hard drive are you using?could you please send some test pictures and video by email ?【support@geekworm.com】;and please let us know your order NO. ;   

Best regards/ Lisa

• @Tony Stram bonjour j ai u le meme probleme 

j ai vire le cavalier usb vers usb

je l ai remplacer par un cable usb vers usb et la ca marche 

si je vire le cable et je remet le cavalier il ne redemarre pas 

j ai donc remplacement le cavalier qui relie les 2 usb par un cable et pour moi ca marche nickel

• cavalie

• @garage des expos Hello,

Is the USB 3.0 connector not working? If it works with a cable connection, it may be that the USB 3.0 connector is faulty. Where did you buy X857? Could you please tell us your Order number?

Best regards

• @Lisa ZHANG Bonjour

sur amazon  N° de commande : 402-0336398-6399551

Geekworm Raspberry Pi 4 mSATA SSD Adapter X857, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B X857 mSATA SSD Expansion Board USB3.0 Module for Raspberry Pi 4B

et sur Dogfish official store

Dogfish SSD mSATA 128Go Interne Disque Dur Haute Performance Pour Ordinateur Portable SATA III 6Gb / sDe Haute Performance De Lecteur De Disque Dur SS

• Bonjour

J ai acheter un Geekworm DC 5V 4A Power Adapter

actuelement je  l'alliment avec le transformateur du Raspberry Pi 4

me conseiller vous de mettre le

DC 5V 4A Power Adapter

le transformateur du raspberry 4

ou de brancher les 2 ensemble DC 5V 4A Power Adapter +transformateur du raspberry 4

merci

• Hi Tony,

This is Abby from Geekworm.

Could you pls provide the recipient's information, including name, phone number, and mobile phone? We will reissue a USB connector for you.

The boards are all tested, but we only tested the boards before, and did not test every USB connector. But now when testing the board, the attached connector will be used for testing together, which will greatly avoid this situation happen again.

Regards,

Abby / Geekworm

• Bonjour

je vous ai envoye mes coordonnees mais je n ai recu mon connecteur usb

merci

• Bonjour

j ai recu les connecteur usb 

je vous remerci