x728 software for OpenWRT | Geekworm

x728 software for OpenWRT

• Hello, I'm running OpenWRT on my Pi. I'm also runing the x728 UPS but the scripts need to be updated to use the python3 libraries, and I believe the install locations need to be changed for this to work. I had a working script which I modified to get battery percentage, but unfortionately I forgot to back it up when I upgraded the failing SD card.

I'm willing and hopefully able :D to bring over full functionality for this OpenWRT, I just haven't been able to make time to even look at doing this until recently.

Since this is being used as my main router I feel like I need it as reliable as possible. The ability to shut down when the battery is around 3V and restart itself if the power goes out for an extended period of time is important.This brings me to a couple of questions about this device's behavior under low battery voltage conditions. I ordered this late February, but I did receive the v1.2 board when ordering on amazon. If it continues to be as reliable as it has been, and I can be sure it will switch off to protect the battery when the voltage is low and automatically boot the Pi when power is restored, I'm happy with this version.

I haven't ever fully discharged the battery bank or had a power outage more than an hour since I installed this UPS in February. Does the x728 power itself and the Pi off automatically once the voltage dips below the 3v threshold, or is that only handled by the python scripts running on the Pi?

If the software is what controls the complete power down of the system(I read about some glitch on v1.2??), which can't happen currently while running OpenWRT until I fix the .py scripts, would that mean the board remains on and drains the battery completely? If so, will the board still power back on once AC power is restored, or would I need to physically be there to pull off jumpers and replace/charge the batteries like the initial setup before it boots?

When I had the one python script getting the charge percentage I noticed the battery would charge to or near 100% then discharge down to around 90% where it would begin charging again, and this seemed to happen over and over. Is this normal charge controller calibration, and should I do a full discharge and charge cycle to allow the controller to learn the capacity?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated :) I want to make this system as reliable as possible.

*edit**
    Here's the link to the community build of OpenWRT. It should be very close to the build I currently use.
    https://github.com/wulfy23/rpi4/tree/master/builds

• If this version continues to be as stable as the last, and if it turns off to protect the battery when the voltage drops and restarts the Pi when power is restored, then I'll be satisfied.

driving directions

• If you have documentation or libraries provided by the x728 UPS manufacturer to interact with it via Python, you should refer to that documentation or official resources for information on how to get the battery charge level.