Gen 3 LVDS to HDMI converter board DOES NOT work with Arcade1up PCB's as of now. | Geekworm

Gen 3 LVDS to HDMI converter board DOES NOT work with Arcade1up PCB's as of now.

• Hello everyone,

Just wanted to post here that I did some initial testing with the Gen 3 LVDS to HDMI board (Model: S.LH1080P.Pro.v.1.5) and as of now, does not work with any of the Arcade1up PCB's I have tested.

This includes ones that worked previously with the Gen 2 board (Model: S.LH1080P.Audio.V20).

I understand that these are not made for the Arcade1up specifically, but as far as my testing goes...they do not seem to work.

More testing will need to be done...and others may have results that vary...but as far as my testing goes, the Gen 3 board does not seem to work even with Arcade1UP PCB's that worked on the Generation 2 board.

• So this is an update on my testing.

So the only game I was able to get to work is X-Men vs Street Fighter and only on on particular monitor, which is ASUS VH236 monitor. Other PCB's I tested, TMNT, MSH, Frogger...did not work...or I should say it may be producting a video signal, but the monitor is not displaying it. When I hook up the Gen 2 Geekworm board, the PCB's I mention will work, with the exception of X-Men vs Street Fighter. In order to get that one to work, I have to set to Single 8. But the Gen 3 Geekworm board works just fine without having to adjust jumper settings.

I then went back to the Dell 2007fpb. None of the PCB's worked. For X-Men vs Street Fighter, I had to use and HDMI to VGA converter to get a picture to display using the Gen 2 Geekworm board. This is because X-Men vs Streetfighter outputs a refresh rate of 65Hz and the Dell monitor only supports 60Hz. Should also mention had to set to Single 8 and was getting a resolution of 640x960 and picture looked interlaced and menus had jagged edges.

So on the Gen 3 Geekworm board, hooked up the HDMI to VGA converter to X-Men vs StreetFighter to the Dell monitor and it came up without any jumper settings and was 1280x960. Picture still was jagged on menus, but looked better than before. Then I hooked up PCB's TMNT, MSH and Frogger, but no picture came up. I tried just to hook up without the HDMI to VGA converter and still no picture for any of the PCB's I hooked up, even X-Men vs StreetFighter.

There are others that have tested that got some results with different monitors. In on of the Facebook groups, someone got Big Buck Hunter to work with a Sieko Tv (not sure with model). So would seem that the number of monitors that are working are more limited than with the Gen 2 board.

I will say with the new board, when I hooked up X-men vs Street Fighter to the Dell monitor with the HDMI to VGA converter board, I was not getting any blinking in and out like I was before. I only had on for about 15 minutes, but did not see any blinking.

Will update if I find anything more. Again, this is only my testing, so others may be successfully with different monitors.

• Hi...For about a similar cost get an arpicade and a raspberry pi for every machine. Just put a couple of games on it. Like, have a halfway joystick and a couple of leaf fastens and put it in a halfway repro bureau and afterward just put just like ms pacman, rally x, galaga, galacian, pacman. Then, at that point, an atari one with a wico joystick, trackball with like burrow burrowed, centipede, milipede, and so forth That way you tackle every one of your concerns. Could even utilize a crt with it. Simply saying. Concerning a similar cost and presumably less problem. Better insight.

• Hi, I recently purchased a Simpsons Arcade1up, when I hook up the Gen 2 Geekworm (V20) board it does not display anything on the Dell 2007fpb monitor.  Has anyone got Simpsons Arcade1up to work with Geekworm? I have not tried V1.5 board or HDMI to VGA converter. Thank you in advance.