X872/X735/X857-C1/RPi4 Question | Geekworm

X872/X735/X857-C1/RPi4 Question

• Hello,

I have a question on how to attach power for the X857-C1 case fan that mounts to the right side (viewed from the back) of the case.  I have attached the power for the X872 to the 5V (out) on the X735.  There is only a 5V (in) socket remaining on the X735 now.  Where do I plug the power for the X857-C1 case fan?

Thanks

• Question is answered by the post (Raspberry pi 4 NAS Storage Family).  Thanks!  Wish I had seen it sooner.

• Thanks. In fact, this case will supports UPS,  so we reserve the 18650 battery hold installation position in this case.

Best.

Harry

• @Harry Huang 

Hello,

I have assembled my computer and have several questions.

1. I did not attach the X872 USB bridge until after I installed the Raspberry Pi O/S.  I tried to power the case fan that is included with the X857-C1 case.  I attached the fan cable to the X735 5V Out but the fan did not turn on.  Did I do something wrong?

2. Next I tried attaching the X872 USB bridge and the M.2 NVMe SSD was detected.  But the operating system slowed down and the mouse was very choppy...almost stopped.  I powered off and connected the X872 power cable to the X735 5V Out.  I turned the computer back on and now the mouse is working smoothly and the SSD is still detected.  Does this appear correct?

3. I tried the momentary switch.  The reset and slow shutdown do not work.  I tried each several times being careful to count the seconds while holding the button.  I can only turn on the computer or force a shutdown (>8 seconds).  Is there something I'm missing here?

• @Sterling Crapser 

1. I did not attach the X872 USB bridge until after I installed the Raspberry Pi O/S.  I tried to power the case fan that is included with the X857-C1 case.  I attached the fan cable to the X735 5V Out but the fan did not turn on.  Did I do something wrong?

==Please show some pictures to confirm it.

2. Next I tried attaching the X872 USB bridge and the M.2 NVMe SSD was detected.  But the operating system slowed down and the mouse was very choppy...almost stopped.  I powered off and connected the X872 power cable to the X735 5V Out.  I turned the computer back on and now the mouse is working smoothly and the SSD is still detected.  Does this appear correct?

== Please change your mouse port to USB 2.0 port to test it.

== Please refer to https://raspberrypiwiki.com/File:Usb3-frequency-interference-papers.pdf also.

3. I tried the momentary switch.  The reset and slow shutdown do not work.  I tried each several times being careful to count the seconds while holding the button.  I can only turn on the computer or force a shutdown (>8 seconds).  Is there something I'm missing here?

== Please show some pictures to confirm it.

== Please refer to https://raspberrypiwiki.com/X735#Important_Note

Regards,

Harry

• @Harry Huang 

From previous post by you, I answer your questions below:

==Please show some pictures to confirm it.

Sorry for the large picture.  You can see I have the case fan attached to the X735 and the fan is not spinning.  But the fan on the X735 is spinning.  But also, if I need to attach power to the X872 SSD Shield using this same slot...I would not be able to use it to power the fan anyway.  Should I ignore using the case fan?  I do not see any other solution unless it would be possible to use a splitter cable to enable plugging the fan and the X872 to the same 5V Out slot.  Please advise!

X857-C1/X735/X872/RPi4 Case Fan

== Please change your mouse port to USB 2.0 port to test it.

== Please refer to https://raspberrypiwiki.com/File:Usb3-frequency-interference-papers.pdf also.

I have solved the problem with the mouse behavior.  It was the USB3/2.4GHz interference and I solved it by using a 6 inch USB extension cable to put distance between the mouse antennae and the USB3 port.

== Please show some pictures to confirm it.

== Please refer to https://raspberrypiwiki.com/X735#Important_Note

I read the document and see the functionality I questioned must be enabled by downloading and running a script.  I will do this soon.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

• @Harry Huang

I'm adding this reply to my reply above.

I just discovered the case fan does work...but only after I give it a push with my finger.  I tried shutting off the power and turning it back on several times.  Each time the fan moves just a bit and stops.  But if I give it a push with my finger it spins until I turn off the power.  So I think there is something wrong with the case fan.

Thanks

• @Sterling Crapser 

1. Could you show me the fan front side and back side, and I found the fan with red paper is 12v fan, and it require the more  voltage not 5V. maybe we delivery the error fan. PPlease try turning the fan leaf by your hand or pen etc.

Sorry, please confirm it

Regards,

• @Harry Huang 

I have removed and photographed the fan (see pictures below).  It is a 12V fan.  I did try manually turning a fan leaf as you described and it does begin spinning but will not spin at power up without my helping it start.

Thanks

Case Fan Removed

Case Fan Label

Case Fan Back

• @Sterling Crapser 

Sorry for our mistake.

We received yor mail, and will send a new fan to you soon.

Regards

• @Harry Huang 

My fan has been replaced and all is well.  Thank you for your assistance!

• OK.

It is very strange that the logistics speed was very fast this time ^_^

Have a nice day.