Updating / improving the x735 software wiki page | Geekworm

Updating / improving the x735 software wiki page

• Hello,

We are finding that the x735 software discussion page on the geekworm wiki is presenting an inappropriate approach to handling powering on the fan in an imbedded system type of application.

There is commentary in the thread for the post which indicates an approach that is more reasonable using a systemd unit file, but the example given can result in the console being completely disabled for the raspberry pi once implemented, requiring booting from an alternative sd card or drive to recover from. 

The wiki seems to no longer allow for commenting, which is unfortunate.  We would like to submit improved instruction to remove/not use the Conflicts=getty@tty1.service in the unit file. 

Adding this to the unit file means the console will be disabled as the service is enabled.  This means the system will have no console enabled anymore.  To recover, you might need to boot into rescue or recovery/emergency mode and re-enable the console.

The approach we are testing with is to completely disable the .bashrc approach (as no one is logging into an embedded system pi) to allow the fan to start up properly on power on/boot.  We are disassembling the setup script and re-writing to be properly configured for headless systems, and ran into this problem with the systemd unit file proposed in the discussion present in the wiki.

Also, it would probably be a good idea to point the wiki pages to this forum for discussions in general.

• Hello,Thanks for your feedback. Our wiki does not prohibit any comments. You can also feedback any information on the wiki page. Of course, there will be many users here who can refer to your opinions. Looking forward to your more suggestions, thank you.

• @Lisa ZHANG thanks, for some reason It asks me to log in and I cant find a way to register.  I'll go ahead and post here to this form for discussion and once I have a working configuration to provide I'll review if I can post to the wiki.

• welcome your sharing at any time. It's very meaningful.

• I appreciate your comments. No one will be punished for posting on our wiki. You may provide comments on anything included on the wiki. Many others will be able to refer to your thoughts on this site. I appreciate your input and look forward to hearing more ideas from you.

free games

• Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I got this result when executing a fan control script on Raspbian. Carefully consider the file path to the ppm_fan_control.py file and all other files you utilize in this geometry dash situation.