X825 appears to be DOA | Geekworm

X825 appears to be DOA

• I purchased two X825's and Geekworm 5V 4A Power Modules thru Amazon.

I've set both of them up, each of them with a different Pi 4 4GB.

Both systems are configured the same way with a 250GB SSD. Power is supplied from a Geekworm 5V 4A Power Module to the X825 5V IN plug. There is no external swith attached to the X825. I am using the power button on the X825 to turn the system on and off. The Auto-On-Off jumber is Auto-Off.  The X825 power cable is from the 5V Out plug next to the Auto-On-Off jumper to the 5V adapter provided with the X825 to the GPIO header on the Pi.

The good news is that one of the systems functions perfectly, push On\Off, the red LED on the X825 comes on and the Pi boots.

The bad news is that the other system does not turn on. Pressing the On\Off button does not even turn on the red LED on the X825.

Switching the Power Module from the one that works to the one that does not work does not change the behavior ... i.e. it still does not turn on the red LED. Switching the Power Module back to the other system and it works fine so I do not believe it is a Power Module issue.

Any suggestions at to what I should try next to get the one that does not seem to have any power to work?

Thanks,

Arvid  

• @Arvid Jedlicka 

Hi, sorry for your problem.

We can't get more information from your description, maybe X825 is damaged?

• @Arvid Jedlicka Please check or resolder it.