Is X728 board compatible with X825 and metal case C6? | Geekworm

Is X728 board compatible with X825 and metal case C6?

• I just got my X725 + X825 + C6 metal case + power supply today and it all seems to be working nicely with my RPi4B, but I noticed that there is still one thing missing in my setup: a battery backup if the power fails. I have a Domoticz smart home system running on my RPi for some time now and this is growing more and more serious, so I want to be able to rely on it when I am away from home, even when power outages occur.

Now, when I purchased this set, I was under the misconception that the X735 board could safely shut down my RPi in case of a power outage, so that it will reboot as soon as the power comes back online. Unfortunately, the X735 cannot do this and it seems to be not much more than a fan speed controller.

So I think I need a X728 to do what I want: build a failsafe system. Is this correct? And is it possible to replace the X735 in my setup with a X728 and still have it fit into the C6 case, which I really like?  

Pierre

• Hello sir,

Really sorry, the X825-C6 case does not support X728+X825+Pi 4. There is no design case for this  kit(X728+X825+Pi 4).

Best regards,

Cindy/Geekworm