Skip to content
x1203 shutdown problem | Geekworm

x1203 shutdown problem

• Hello,

I have recently bought the x1203, but it seems there is something wrong with it. It shuts down without any warning when the psu is connected when charging the battery. The setup is a Pi5 + a 4x SATA HAT. Here is how it behaves:

When on battery power, everything is ok  from 100% all the way to 3.2V

When psu is connected and batteries are charged from ~50% -100% everything is ok

When the psu is connected and the battery is below ~50% and the disks are accessed it at first has problems charging (the charging LED goes off, and the battery indicators go on and off), then everything simply powers off as if all power was cut off. I used different psu units 12V 5A, 12V 10A every time the same behavior. It seems the high charging current is the problem here. The board can't power the PI, disks and charge the batteries at the same time. Is there any way to limit it?

• @Tomasz Kossakowski 

Hello

I read your email and replied to you, I will reply here as well.

I discussed your problem with the engineer. There are several reasons:

1. The load is too large, 4 SATA and 1 PI 5. I suggest you reduce the load and test it. Or replace the HDD with SSD

2. What is the discharge capacity of the battery pack used? It should be noted that the maximum output current of UPS is 5A. Does the discharge capacity of the battery meet the UPS 5A output? Is the output cable of the battery pack thick enough?