Nothing compatible with X880? | Geekworm

Nothing compatible with X880?

• Hi all,

I would love to buy the X880 and some accessoires but I noticed that nothing seems to be compatible with that model. For example; can't use the X735. I can't. use the UPS. I can't use the power management board. I can't use the PoE board.

The X880 is (I assume) kind off the most advanced in terms of application possibilities but yet no product seems to be compatible with it.

I am in doubt whether to buy the X829 or the X880.
    The X829 because that one IS compatible with everything else and there is a case available which I can 3D print. Does anyone maybe have a nice case for the X880 as well? Would love to hear it.

The downside (for me) are the 2.5' drives instead of 3,5'

Anyone got some advice? Does anyone know if those add-ons work with the X880? Or maybe someone with some experience could make my choice a bit easier. By the way: I am going to use my Raspberry Pi as a NAS.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Marnix

• Hello, sir
    X880 is powered by 12V, but x735 power management board, X708 UPS is powered by 5V , and POE output is 5V;  there is a voltage problem. We believe that for some users who need to be compatible with 2.5'' or 3.5'' SSD/HDD at the same time, X880 provides a good solution, and it supports the installation of P165-B heatsink to solve heat dissipation problems. We are also planning to design an expansion board that supports two or more 3.5'' hard drives. 
    If you want to use x735, X708 ups, or X765POE, you can consider using x829 board. Thanks for your feedback. If any more suggestions, please let us know. 
    Best Regards 
    Geekworm

• Hi Lisa,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I really appreciate it. I understand now.
    I am now also thinking about the X828. I know it is discontinued but I could really use the additional USB ports which it offers. Is there a reason that it got discontinued? Because then I won't look into it any further and I will go with the X829 or X880. What do you think?

I have one more question: this is the text on your website: "Supports up to 4TB 2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives (HDD) / solid-state drive (SSD)"

Does that mean 4TB in total or 4TB for each drive? So for example; could I add 2x 4TB HDD's and would that work? Or is 4TB the absolute maximum?

Thanks again and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Marnix

• Hi, Marnix

Yes, x828 has been discontinued. It may be there are only a few users who need to support three or more 2.5-inch SSD. Its superposition takes up a lot of space. X829 supports two 2.5-inch SSD at the same time, which saves more space. 

The 2.5'' SSD capacity is no limit,but SSD thickness is limited.  Please refer to the picture description of x829 board. 

【Supports up to 4TB 2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives (HDD) / solid-state drive (SSD)】This sentence is meaningless and we will revise it. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

You can choose to use x829 or x880 according to your needs.

Best regards

Geekworm