At the end of November 2019, Geekworm released a Raspberry Pi Stackable X828 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD Cluster Shield which not only compatible with the newest raspberry pi 4 model b, but also compatible with raspberry pi 3b+/3b/2b.
The X828 is a stackable 2.5" SATA HDD cluster expansion board focused on providing a bigger storage solution for your Raspberry Pi B/2B/3B/3B+/4B. The board is a great way to give a desktop look, as you can connect multiple external hard drivers without having them "hanging" from the USB ports of your SBC.
Knowing that our users might need more USB entrances, we added to extra USB 3.1 Gen1 ports to the X828, so the user can connect keyboards, USB sticks or even other external HDDs.
If you are looking for building a Media Center or even a Network-attached storage (NAS), the X828 will be a good choice for you. You will be able to separate one hard disk only for operating system and the rest for media, games...etc.
- Ideal storage solution for Raspberry Pi - Stackable 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD Shield
- Supports one or multiple 2.5 SATA HDDs/SSDs working at the same time(depending on the number of X828 boards you stack)
- Provides additional 3 USB3.1 Gen1 ports for Raspberry Pi,and integrated USB 3.1 Gen1 to SATA 6Gb/s bridge controller
- Function to power the RPI via XH2.54 only needing a single power supply
- Function to power the stackable X828 via USB3 Male-to-male cable only needing a single power supply
- Quick file transfer with high-speed USB3.1 5Gb/s connectivity from a PC or a Mac
- Specially-made ultra short USB3.1 cable to connect with Raspberry Pi and stackable X828 boards
- LED blue indicator indicates drive status
- Fully compatible with X735 Safe Shutdown Power Management & Auto Cooling Board for intelligent power management and cooling your Raspberry Pi
- Fully compatible with X710 for wide input voltage (6~36V) and intelligent safe power management
- Fully compatible with X765 for powering over Ethernet (POE, 5V 4A)
- Fully compatible with X705 UPS HAT & Auto Power On Shield, X725 UPS HAT+Safe Shutdown+Wake on Lan 18650 Power Management Expansion Board for uninterruptible power supply (18650 UPS, 5.1V 8A)
- PCB Size 107.5mm x 85mm
Power Supply Requirement:
- Power supply: AC 100 - 240V input 50 / 60Hz, 5V DC 4A output
- DC Power Plug Size : 5.5*2.5mm
- Please use high quality DC 5V 4A power supply, the best choice is to buy the DC 5V 4A power supply that Geekworm provided. If you get low quality power supply to use, it may probably will damage your 2.5 inch HDD/SSD.
- To avoid power shortage, it is recommended to use a power supply for every 3 X828 boards.
- Do not power your Raspberry Pi via the Pi's 40-pin header and micro-USB socket at the same time.
In additional, considering some customer will need a case, we have trying to design a case for X828. ^_^
Now, if you are looking for building a Media Center or even a Network-attached storage (NAS), you cannot miss it!