From April 1st 2021, the X825 has been update to X825 V2.0 version from X825 V1.5 version.
Here are some new features of X825 V2.0:
- X825 V2.0 use new 4pcs test pins to power each other with raspberry pi 4, no additional wire required.
- You can power the device via DC JACK of X825 V2.0 or TYPE C of Raspberry Pi 4 if you don’t use the X735 power management board.
- Remove the 4-Pin external switch connector in V2.0, please use the X735 to get the safe software shutdown & PWM fan control function(only X735 V2.5), and removes the on-board button switch also.
- X825 V2.0 support UASP not TRIM for raspberry pi 4;
- X825 V2.0 use a shorter USB 3 connector, thereby reducing the overall height, so only compatible with X825-C8 case. X825-C8 compatible with Pi 4 & X825 V2.0& X735. The X825-C6 or X825-C7 case only support X825 V1.5
- USB 3.0 high-speed transmission will interfere with the Raspberry Pi's 2.4G WIFI signal,if you find the 2.4G signal is unstable, please try to use ethernet or WIFI 5G AP. (Please refer to: raspberrypiwiki.com/X825#Document)
There is new X825-C8 metal case designed for X825 V2.0.