Hi, thanks for your attention with Geekworm. We are so glad to tell you that in January 24th 2019 the newest version of Raspberry Pi X830 V2.0 version 3.5 inch SATA HDD extension module with safe shutdown or safe power off of your Raspberry Pi has been released today. We update the X830 board after collect many valued customer feeback.
If you have any suggestions, please feel free to contact us and let us know, we are willing to develop the products acording to your actual requirement,thanks!
We are very happy that we can release the newest X830 V2.0 3.5" SATA HDD expansion board with safe shutdown function before our 2019 Chinese New Year holiday. This new X830 V2.0 version has some important updation & improvements based on customer feedback, the most important of them are as following: it was added with safe shutdown function, supports USB booting from your HDD, the power supply is used with commonly DC 12V power supply; add on-board screw holes for large-capacity hard disk and so on.
For the X830 metal case with cooling fan kit, we also make some improvements to make the metal case kit suitable for both the latest X830 V2.0 version and the old X830 V1.1 version 3.5 inch SATA HDD storage module;
For example, we use a big 6010 cooling fan with a higher power and also controlle to reduce the noise of the fan; we adjusted the grid of the fan, which would be more beautiful;
at the same time, we also control the height of the box as much as possible; but due to the use of the 4PIN adapter board, we have to increase the height of the box by about 10mm;
The X830 V2.0 board change to use the commonly DC 12V power adapter; please do not use a power adapter of other voltage values, otherwise it may damage your 3.5 inch SATA hard disk and Raspberry Pi motherboard; this is very important!!!
Here are the new update features(New add on X830 V2.0 version):
- X830 V2.0 supports safe shutdown function, and safe power off for your Pi, but X830 V1.1 do not have safe shutdown to safe power off function.
- X830 V2.0 use the more commonly use DC 12V power adapter, but X830 V1.1 need DC 14~40V power supply, so the DC19V 2A and DC 24V 2A power supply can not be used on the new X830 V2.0 version board.
- X830 V2.0 add extra two screw holes position for large capacity hard disk (we get feedback from our customer);
- X830 V2.0 use a new driver chip, support for installing the system and booting on the hard disk
- X830 V2.0 remove the jumper cap in V1.1 version;
Do you love this new version X830 V2.0 3.5" SATA HDD storage board with its new features?
For some other features, you can still refer to the X830 V1.1 version.
- Operating System: All Raspberry Pi operating systems
- Supports up to 10TB 3.5-inch SATA hard disk drives (HDD)
- Ideal storage solution for Raspberry Pi 3B+/3B
- USB 3.1 Gen1 to SATA 6Gb/s bridge controller
- USB 2.0 connectivity offers plug-and-play functionality on your Raspberry Pi
- Quick file transfer with high-speed USB 3.0 connectivity from a PC or a Mac
- External Self Powered - Do not require power from Raspberry Pi micro USB port
- Powers the Raspberry Pi - does not require external power supply
What document do you need to use X830 V2.0 safe shutdown function?
Note: We test this shell script base on official Raspbian '2018-11-13-raspbian-stretch.img' version;
This is the safe shutdown script for X830 V2.0 (X830 V1.1 version do not have safe shutdown function)
Then how to use the X830 V2.0 safe shutdown function? Git-hub
Step 1: wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/geekworm-com/x830-v2/master/x830-v2.sh or wget http://www.raspberrypiwiki.com/download/x830-v2/x830-v2.sh sudo chmod +x x830-v2.sh sudo bash x830-v2.sh Step 2: printf "%s\n" "alias x830pwr='sudo x830pwr.sh'" >> ~/.bashrc Step 3: sudo reboot
There is an official DC 12V 3A power supply with US plug or EU plug or UK plug designed for this X830 v2.0 new version. This DC 12V 3A power supply is the original official power supply for X830 v2.0 version with high quality.
The metal case with cooling fan and power switch kit is also do some update to be suitable to install both the old X830 V1.1 and new X830 V2.0 version extension board.
We release the Raspberry Pi X830 V2.0 3.5" SATA HDD Safe Shutdown Board + 12V 3A Power Supply + Metal Case with Power Switch Kit, if you do have a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Plus or Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, you can buy this whole kit for your Raspberry Pi to add a 3.5 inch SATA HDD storage solution.